BabyFirst Video is a safe way for your children to watch interactive and learning videos. The app is based on the BabyFirst TV channel. There are many hours of entertaining videos for your children to watch.
Features and benefits
After testing the application and reviewing the description of the game, these are the features that I could find:
- Very easy to download and install, of course that it is the same with any android app.
- There are no ads, which is a big plus. Because apps can't be monitored properly and sometimes an application that is not suitable for children could get through.
- There are some child safety measures implemented within the app so that your youngster won't go where you don't want him to.
- It is available in six languages such as English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, and Mandarin.
When I was about to install the application I noticed one thing that caught my attention. In order for the app to work you must give it access to three things:
- In app purchases (allows the user to make purchases within the game)
- Photos and media files
- Device ID and call information
When I saw this I wondered, why a kid's app would need access to your photos and videos or even your call information. I can't see a reason why it would need this in order to work. Either way, I accepted and waited for it to install. It took just a couple of seconds because it's a relatively small apps and everything that it streams is not stored on your device but requires access to the internet. The App was installed and this is what you are presented with:
At the first impression I was quite impressed with the simplicity of the app. All you have to do is swipe right or left to browse through the shows. The app contains 31 learning videos and they are about the basis of the language, colors, animals, numbers, art, shapes and music. After I watched the first video "ABC Galaxy" all I can say is that I am truly impressed with what they have done with the app. The video was very well done, the song, the lyrics the images and video. Everything was of high quality. However, when I wanted to watch another video I understood what the "In app purchases" means. You have access to only 4 episodes for free, one for each of the first four categories.
I said "okay, let's see how much it costs to purchase, it is quite well made so it might be worth it". You get a one week free trial with full access to every episode, then its $28.00 for 6 months and $45.00 for a whole year. The price is not that bad if you can afford it. There are loads of free apps but they are not so well made.
- High quality learning videos
- Very bright colors
- A happy application
- Easy to use
- Very entertaining with a lot of things to learn
- The free trial feature is only available if you give it your card details, which is not a good idea when your child will use the app.
- If you child knows how to count in words from 1 to 9 such as one, two, three and so on. The safety feature is worthless.
In my opinion this is a very good app for children. It provides a lot of high quality videos and songs that are suitable for toddlers and preschool children.